Friday, March 19, 2010

Roll Over, Roll Over

These last few days I have thought a lot about and been in awe over how much we can love them, and how quickly. We have many nicknames for Luna: Goober Dog, 'Tard, REtard, Devil Dog, Luna-tic, OH MY GOSH!, Luna-Balloona, Bella Luna, Little Bit, Little Sister, and I'm sure there are more that I'm missing. They are uttered in amazement and frustration, and occasionally anger, but always there's at least a little bit of love behind them. More often than not, there is a lot of love behind them, even when we're frustrated. Always, though, there is love. Though we loved her from the start, she has become a piece of our hearts. ..How could she not? Have ya seen those ears?!

She looks such the regal guard dog in the picture above. She's definitely becoming more sassy. Today a couple of folks came to the door and knocked, and she was not fond of that at all. The bark she offered was not a welcoming one.
For whatever reason, Luna loves our shower. She has to check it out every time we go to the bathroom and the door is open.
While we want her to be a good citizen, and much of her homeschooling is for that, we have to throw in the occasional just-for-fun work. "Roll over" has been our project the last couple of days. Dad helped her master the final touches today. When I got up this afternoon, I decided I wanted to get it on video. Luna was so excited, though, that I couldn't quite get her to do it. That I had the camera in one hand and the treats in the other didn't help any. She's accustomed to some accompanying hand gestures, so I confused her. The result was amusing, so I posted it and the more perfect results when Dad came to help out. (Note how Big Sister is sitting and downing trying to get treats, too in the first one.LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment